hello! i’m April
Wife, autism mom, & blogger
As an autism mom and a decor blogger, I often find myself straddling two very different worlds. Actually three worlds because I also run a successful food blog over at Whisk it Real Gud.com
On the one hand, there is the world of autism, with its challenges and struggle, but also its joys and rewards. On the other hand, there is th world of dedorating and home design, with its beautiful colors, patterns, and textures and my food blog of course.
As an autism mom, I have to navigate the complex world of therapy appointments, social interactions, IEP meetings and sensory overload. It can be overwhelming at times, but it is also incredibly rewarding to see my kids grow and develop in ways that I never thought possible.
When I’m in decor mode, I get to express my creativity and share my love of home design with others. I love finding new ways to incorporate color and texture into my home, and I enjoy sharing my design ideas and inspirations with my followers.
While these two worlds may seem vastly different, they actually have a lot in common. Both require a lot of patience, creativity, change and attention to detail. Both also require a willingness to adapt and change, as the needs of my child and the trends in home decor are constantly evolving.
Overall, balancing my time between taking care of my children and pursuing my passion for home decor and food blogging can be tough at times, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s been an incredibly rewarding experience. It has allowed me to combine my passions for helping my kids and for creating beautiful spaces, and it has given me a sense of fulfillment and purpose that I never thought possible.
I can’t wait to work with you!
get to know me
These are a few of my favorite things…
- Love for food: I am a foodie at heart and love trying new cuisines and experimenting with different flavors in the kitchen. I enjoy creating and sharing delicious meals with loved onesCheck out my recipes @ Whisk it Real Gud
- Family: I am so grateful for my husband, and my sons. They bring so much joy to my life.”
- Home decor: I enjoy the excitement of transforming a space into a visually appealing and inviting environment
- Traveling: I love traveling and learning about different cultures.
- Thriller movies: I love the adrenaline rush and suspense that comes with watching a good thriller/horror movies.
- Documentaries: I enjoy learning about different topics and getting a deeper understanding of the world around me through documentaries.
- Arts: I have a passion for the arts and enjoy visiting museums and galleries to see the latest exhibitions.